Here is some information on why you should have your flu jab.
Why should you have your flu jab at the GP surgery instead of a pharmacy?
- Seasonal vaccinations provide a valuable source of income for the Practice so having your flu jab here supports the surgery.
- According to figures over the last 5 years 1.3m patients have seen their surgery close, in all nearly 450 GP Surgeries have closed during this time period. Practices have closed due to problems with recruitment and funding.
- Pharmacies and supermarkets do not have access to your FULL medical record or know you as well as we do.
- We will also advise at the same time if you are eligible to be vaccinated against shingles or pneumococcal.
- We also obtain vital data that is necessary for your medical record and care. If you choose to go to the pharmacy/supermarket for your vaccine we cannot gather this information and they do not gather it for us.
- As with all injections there is a small risk of anaphylaxis reaction, if this does happen your surgery is far better equipped to deal with such cases.